Welcome To The 300 Club HUB On AGORACOM

We may not make much money, but we sure have a lot of fun!

Free

Aitakahashi wrote:

"...i'm still not entirely certain what the primary focus of this group is."

Well, it's fairly safe to say mining, and gold in particular are still major themes. Macro economy obviously, since that affects everything else - monetary policy, credit conditions, that sort of thing. Maybe some oil & gas. That seems to be another favored area.

Personally speaking, I'm branching way out from here and looking at all sorts of new possibilities - blue chips, like I mentioned, but also foreign markets like London, Singapore, Copenhagen, etc. You can trade these directly if you have the right broker.

I'm also trying to see beyond the current fiasco and position myself for what comes next. I think that's going to be energy in all it's manifestations - coal, oil/gas, nuclear, wind, solar, etc. and companies involved in energy efficiency solutions in areas such as shipping, rail, and aviation, not to mention the automobile.

Companies are going to have to wring out costs in the years ahead, so anyone offering solutions along those lines, whether hardware or software should benefit.

I also think there's going to be a major govt. sponsored rebuilding of US infrastructure, especially the electric and rail networks. Something along the lines of the New Deal - rebuilding the industrial base, becoming less dependent on foreign oil, those sorts of things.

I don't know if this is the right group to develop all those ideas though. The 7 Seas forum has certain advantages in the fact that it's a threaded group, thus easier to separate things by topic and keep them focused.

We'll see how things evolve I guess.

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply