Welcome To The 300 Club HUB On AGORACOM

We may not make much money, but we sure have a lot of fun!

Free

Dec 12, 2008 03:43AM
Dec 12, 2008 04:29AM
Dec 12, 2008 07:38AM

Dec 12, 2008 11:30AM
Dec 12, 2008 03:50PM

To those of us who formerly held ARU where would we be without the Kinross bailout( not what we called it at the time)?

we would be holding a stock whose price had gone down.

before we all start nominating patrick anderson for humanitarian of the year, let's remember his motives for doing what he did. he got paid an extra two years of salary, and diluted our aru stock by giving 2.3 million shares to his cronies on the board, and sold another 15 million to kinross at a below market price. then he went to noront to run a similar scam there, trying to take control of the company.

if you invest in juniors you should be willing to hold on for the long term, and ride out whatever dumb things the government of ecuador does. correa won't be there forever, and the gold is still waiting under the old aru concessions. those of us who held our kinross shares will only get a glancing bite of what could have been a great success story. one way or another, i expect kinross will build the fdn mine one of these years, but the rewards will be diluted across a much larger shareholder base.

i was willing to hold aru as long as needed through however many hiccups the company had. but to continue your analogy, the people who dump caca on you once will do it again. i own shares of mag silver, which has the dubious benefit of having jonathan rubenstein as chairman of the board. mag silver made a discovery that might be called the aurelian of silver deposits. last week, fresnillo made a "take-under" offer at less than the current market price. i'm hoping the deal falls through, and i won't mind if mag shares tumble as a result. the market will come back, and the company will still have its assets, just like aurelian would have if patrick anderson hadn't panicked and sold out.

New Message
Please login to post a reply