Welcome To The 300 Club HUB On AGORACOM

We may not make much money, but we sure have a lot of fun!

Free

check this out: http://www.ingeominas.gov.co

Pretty slick, no? I take it as a sign that the govt is serious about mining, and news I'm getting from other quarters suggests the same. It stands to reason actually - the Chinese are interested in their coal and copper, so any reform of mining law to that end should also take in gold and silver. That process is already underway I'm told, and I'm sure the mistakes made in Ecuador didn't go unnoticed. This is still early days for Colombia, and we already know the potential: Greystar, Ventana, Galway, to name a few. We also know it won't go Chavez on us. That question's pretty much settled, I'd say. Politically, Mexico is the closest comparison I can think of, but this is just from what I've read. I've spent a lot time in Mexico, but exactly zero in Colombia.

Earlier I posted about Peter Schiff's promotion of the GGB, home to Goldcorp, Newstrike and a few others. I'm sure it will get some attention, especially at PDAC, but Colombia is a whole lot bigger than Guererro State, and Mexico is old news to a lot of mining investors. Ahhhh... I don't have to say anymore. I'm sure most of us remember the thrill of a new territory opening up, especially one with the potential of Ecuador. I bought three names down there and would have bought more if they hadn't pulled the plug.

Well then, Colombia. Same geology, but perhaps more professionalism, forthrightness and rule of law brought to the process? That looks like the plan. Definitely no windfall taxes, you can be sure of that. Not for the faint of heart of course, but that's true just about anywhere. Could be worth looking into. Thoughts?

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply