Welcome To The 300 Club HUB On AGORACOM

We may not make much money, but we sure have a lot of fun!

Free

We all like to analyze the fundamentals,but what about a stock where a lot of the folks who buy will NEVER sell,no matter what happens.People who dont care about the price..I present to you,my friends, MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB now trading in NY...This could be a winner.This is(at least in terms of prestige) the creme de la creme of pro sports franchises.And as we all know,intelligent businessmen lose all sanity when it comes to pro sports.THE GOOD..some idiot is bound to overpay in any attempt to take over this club.(look at recent purchase of L.A Dodgers).History shows us that the wealthy NEED fame/infamy,and owning a pro team is perfect for that.Also,English football is doing quite well,and will be negotiating a rich TV contract in the next few months.George Soros has also bought a large chunk of the shares..THE DOWN,well,owned by the U.S Glaser family,also team has a big debt,and the shares are richly priced...BUT in the end,there is only one MANU,and I believe that deserves a premium. (Havent bought it yet,but will buy on weakness for me and as a gift for friends) p.s I hate this team,..go liverpool

New Message
Please login to post a reply