Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free

MSHA

posted on Nov 28, 2009 10:01PM

When are the communication and tracking systems that address provisions in the PPL required to be installed in the mine?

By June 15, 2009, mine operators must submit a revised ERP that provides for post-accident communications and electronic tracking. Depending upon the availability, MSHA expects that mine operators would include reasonable timeframes for installing systems.

Would a reasonable timeframe be one year from approval? That seems likely to me.

It seems that mines will likely be wanting to order the best system available (like ACT's) or face a possible future upgrade expense.

If a wireless two-way communication system becomes available, are mine operators required to install this type of system?

If a wireless two-way system becomes available, MSHA will review the functional utility and safety protection provided by the alternative system on a mine-by-mine basis. As technical advances are made, MSHA will review advances in systems that enhance miners’ ability to evacuate or otherwise survive in an emergency, and mine operators may need to upgrade their system.

It seems to me that, considering the above, we should reasonable expect orders in the first couple of months of 2010. We're so close to Christmas and the new year that I doubt we will see anything until then. Take advantage of the present buying opportunity.

By June 15, 2009, mine operators must submit a revised ERP that provides for post-accident communications and electronic tracking. Depending upon the availability, MSHA expects that mine operators would include reasonable timeframes for installing systems.

Would a reasonable timeframe be one year from approval? That seems likely to me.

It seems that mines will likely be wanting to order the best system available (like ACT's) or face a possible future upgrade expense.

If a wireless two-way communication system becomes available, are mine operators required to install this type of system?

If a wireless two-way system becomes available, MSHA will review the functional utility and safety protection provided by the alternative system on a mine-by-mine basis. As technical advances are made, MSHA will review advances in systems that enhance miners’ ability to evacuate or otherwise survive in an emergency, and mine operators may need to upgrade their system.

It seems to me that, considering the above, we should reasonable expect orders in the first couple of months of 2010. We're so close to Christmas and the new year that I doubt we will see anything until then. Take advantage of the present buying opportunity.

Nov 28, 2009 10:07PM

Nov 28, 2009 10:12PM

Nov 28, 2009 10:13PM

Dec 01, 2009 10:16AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply