Welcome To The Active Control Technology HUB On AGORACOM

We make wireless work.

Free

Active Control Technology Announces New Chairman

Michael Abbene Appointed to Lead the Board

Press Release Source: Active Control Technology Inc. On Tuesday May 18, 2010, 6:00 am EDT

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - May 18, 2010) - Active Control Technology Inc. (TSX VENTURE:ACT - News), a leading provider of advanced wireless communication, productivity and safety systems, today announced that Michael Abbene has been appointed as Chairman of the Board of Directors.

Mr Abbene, who joined the Board earlier this year, will be replacing Steve Barrett, who will step down as Chairman. Mr Abbene recently retired as Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Arch Coal, Inc., the second largest U.S. coal producer, with responsibility for all information technology.

"After spending time with the management team and the Board of Directors, I am very pleased with the progress the company has made in implementing its strategic plan," said Michael Abbene, Chairman. "I am also proud to be part of an organization that is contributing towards the safety of miners as well as the productivity of the mining industry."

About Active Control Technology

Active Control Technology is a mining services company specializing in advanced wireless productivity and safety systems. The company's MSHA-approved ActiveMine system provides two-way wireless voice communication, real-time tracking of personnel and assets, and high bandwidth data applications such as streaming video and operational data from mining machinery, over a robust wireless Wi-Fi network. Located in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Active Control trades publicly on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol ACT. For more information, visit www.activecontrol.com.

Get more out of your mine.(TM)

Peter Gimon
Active Control Technology Inc.
EVP Finance, CFO and Treasurer
905-670-5500 ext. 216
pgimon@activecontrol.com
www.activecontrol.com

May 18, 2010 11:47AM
May 18, 2010 12:03PM
May 18, 2010 02:18PM

May 19, 2010 06:19AM
May 19, 2010 10:22AM