Welcome To The Allana Potash HUB On AGORACOM

Focusing on the Dallol Potash Project in Ethiopia

Free

Do You Practice Quality of Life Investing? Michael Berry Does

April 17th, 2014

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/do-you-practice-quality-of-life-investing-michael-berry-does/#XX5bwbUVr2zycw0w.99

TER: You mentioned that potash has been much more volatile lately. What are some companies you like that could survive in a depressed potash market?

MB: The good news is the potash market is probably pretty close to a bottom right now because of big producers flooding the market. As the middle class consumer grows worldwide, I think we’re going to have much more demand for fertilizer, particularly overseas.

A Canadian company called Allana Potash Corp. (AAA:TSX; ALLRF:OTCQX) has a big, low-cost potash project in Ethiopia that is going fertilize Africa and some of Asia. It has an offtake agreement with Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL:TASE) that could be transformational for the fertilizer space itself. This 80% offtake agreement places Allana in a different league from its competitors.

These are the Discovery Investments we love to understand.

The stock is in strong hands; Liberty Metals & Mining, an offshoot of an insurance company, is a big shareholder. If I were investing in potash companies, I would pick some producing companies overseas to supply demand overseas. Allana fits that bill, and the stock is trading for CA$0.38.

Some investors are nervous about Ethiopia, but the asset is there and the management is excellent. I know CEO Farhad Abasov very well. I’ve worked with him on other situations. I will be shortly travelling to Ethiopia to visit the Allana site.

The fertilizers are going to be very strong over the next few years as demand for protein skyrockets from the urbanization of the emerging world’s new middle class. Be patient and select good management with quality assets and sustainable business plans

New Message
Please login to post a reply