Focusing on the Dallol Potash Project in Ethiopia

Free
Jul 22, 2014 07:51PM
Jul 23, 2014 08:21AM

Jul 23, 2014 10:12AM
edx
Jul 24, 2014 11:59AM
Jul 24, 2014 05:39PM

Bobba.... I would doubt other parties would be interested at this point to take a run at Allana, but stranger things have happened.

The impression I get is that ICL needs the Allana property for their future growth strategy as well to possibly offset higher cost potash assets for markets such as India or possibly China. Hypothetical.

If BHP or even Rio Tinto were serious they could offer up some cash and take a run at it, but keep in mind ICL has last right of refusal here.

I think all this talk of a possible buyout is a long ways off as the first big step is to secure the financing... After that it's construction time... With the road system coming together as well as the port the project becomes more and more derisked...

Getting cheaper power to the site should also be a priority and Nejib's connection to the Icelandic geothermal projects is interesting... As well Idan Ofert commented that he was looking at power generation... Very interesting comments... Not sure if any of it would be connected to Allana... Again speculation here... Or as the bashers say.. Pumping... LOL!

New Message
Please login to post a reply