Welcome To The Allana Potash HUB On AGORACOM

Focusing on the Dallol Potash Project in Ethiopia

Free

Here's my take on the speculation surronding the meeting in Jan.

So there's all this peculation out there about what the vote will be for. I think the best way to look at this is what the vote will NOT be for and see what is left.

- Buyout by ICL. I don't believe the vote will be for a buyout offer from ICL for the following reasons. We would have heard in a news release of any buyout offer. Any buyout offer would have to be immediately announced. And any buyout offer could be met with a counter offer from another interested party. So how can you schedule a vote on something that is not certain?

- Share consolidation. This one makes me laugh. First of all if a share consolidation was a requirement for financing, it would have been done already. As if the banks are doing all this due diligence and at the last moment tell Allana "oh, BTW, we need to to do a share consolidation in order to get the loan". Yeah, right, that's how banks work. The trolls / bashers have no idea ...

- Engagement of the Chinese construction company. It was mentioned in the meeting that a certain Chinese construction company migh take a stake in the company in exchange for building the mine. That would be a possibility but it means that the normal financing is not going well. Again, highly unlikely. The deal with the construction company is Allana's "Plan B" in case something doesn't work out with financing.

- No vote on anything out of the ordinay. This meeting looks like the annual AGM but it also says "special" meeting. Maybe there won't be anything extrordinary to vote on.

- The SOP portion. This seems to be the most likely scenario. The PEA is due in January and maybe FA wants to get the ball rolling ASAP on spinning off a company for SOP only.

Thoughts?

© 2014. All rights reserved.

New Message
Please login to post a reply