Welcome To The Ashburton Ventures Ltd HUB On AGORACOM

Ashburton Ventures is a Canadian based junior exploration company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange.

Free

Todays Overview on Ashburton Ventures…ABR.

I have selected Ashburton out of the crowd for a spot play here for a number of reasons.

Having recently completed a net to company 500K financing, the company is funded to complete a work program on the jointly owned Deep Creek gold prospect in Nevada. I will detail the project, but think this a very high profile prospect with significant historical results that could recieve national attention if they are in the ‘very good’ range, which is a possibility/probability. Results will begin coming in in 5 to 12 weeks and speculation will begin before that.

Since the historical price range is 045 and 17 ever in two years, it offers a chance of great growth with very little downside risk….another major consideration.

President Mike England is certainly no rookie in ther penny mining market, and it is only common sense that he and his troops shall get the word out, and the early birds will prosper…hopefully that will be you, my readers.

HISTORICAL TRADING AND STRUCTURE

Listed as a capital pool done at 5c with the qualifying transaction done at a a dime. It has spiked to 17 and traded most of its volume in the 8 to 12 range .With 40 million shares out, 10million which are vested until September of this year, it is not what Id call a real slug by todays standards. A small cap listing that finds a hi grade discovery with significant previous good grades indicating tonnage can easily chew through 10 million shares plus a day.

Contratrily, the stock can maintain this level or much higher on little volume , which has been the case. A spike in interest takes this to 08. wehich at todays 045 value is a significant percentage gain. I am looking for much more than 08, but it is always nice to see a built in win .One comment from president Enghland re the resistance. In our discussion he says that about 6 milion shares has been sold into the market by the drillers. for those of you unfamiliar with penny mining deals, it is a common practice that smallish drilling companies accept ‘paper’ from cash strapped juniors in lieu of cash. usually they blast it into the first volumes they see, as has been the case here which has affected negatively the stock price….a bonusfor new investors., This should mean a more effortless rise in the next run

All in all, its great to buy in at an all time low, with all the heavy lifting done for you.

DEEP CREEK HISTORICAL SUMMARY

From the companies NR pof Mar 3….

(”Ashburton” or the “Company”) has obtained historical data which includes a resource estimate report compiled in the late 1980’s on behalf of Corona Corporation based on drilling data on the Deep Creek property. The resource estimate of 1.1 million tons containing 1.7 grams (0.06 ounces) per ton of gold (70,000 ounces Au) was determined along a strike length of 457 meters (1500 feet) and a depth of 122 meters (400 feet). Reserves from the same report included approximately 477,000 ounces of gold in 7.5 million tons extending southward from the present property position. The company has expanded its property position southward to include this reserve estimate, which will increase to approximately 648 hectares (1,600 acres) the total land position for the Deep Creek property.

This gives you an idea of the potential . Drilling could expand the tonnage and creeate a probable reserves category which the mining community would accept. I have contacted the company and suggested that a Norythern Miner ad campaign may serve the shareholders well

TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

Not much to go on on this one. The “experts” at stockhouse call the low as 5c and the resistancer point of 09, which i concur with.A significant bottom shows here on the downside. The next point, the other wsay after 09 is 15c and beyond that is the “great beyond” that can be left to your imagination.

Notable is the SH 10 day trend indicator as ‘bullish’. Charts dont know thst drilling is to commence in 3 weeks time!

I will conclude this first overview with a hello to Gus Walroth, ex floor trader and senior broker with PI that I understand has also recommended ABR gto his clientele. PI can be seen in there buying daily.

royrogers

marketcents.com

Jun 04, 2010 05:28PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply