Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Fellow Investors,

I have long ago learned to judge people by there actions and not by what they say. If there actions compliment what they say and are logical and non contradictory then I credit them with being a credible source of information.

These days in my opinion there are not many credble sources of information. I find that if you think on the motives for someone saying something in particular rather than what they are saying you will usually arrive at the truth of the matter much more quickly.

Take for instant the often regurgitated fantasy by US politicians and government officials of how they want a strong dollar policy. The very fact that they feel the need to talk about the dollar or anything else with a particular enfisis underscores the fact that there is indeed something to be concerned about. After all if there is nothing to be concerned or of interest in a topic then there really is no need to constantly bring it up. When the US dollar was climbing sky high for instance, the US administration was not constantly bringing up the fact, there was no need to. It was self evident that economic forces were in play that allowed the US dollar to gain in value.  Just like now it is self evident to those with the knowledge that there are econimic forces in play that require a weak US dollar. Any talk out of the US administration to the contrary is just so much propaganda. They do not wish the public to know that they are about to have a good portion of there savings if it is the form of certain paper assets confiscated by inflation. This is the real motivation behind there so call strong dollar policy and the implications of a panicked populace withdrawing all there money out of the financial system. If the US really had a strong dollar policy instead of an inflationary policy they would not be calling for China to revalue their currency higher by dropping there dollar peg. They would also not be printing money at an estimated 14% per year.

This is why I find the following statements from Barrick in the previously posted article very interesting also.

You don't put yourself in harm's way. It's a non-starter to invest in a country that takes your mine away from you," said Mr Wilkins.

"The list of countries where we won't go is getting longer. There's Venezuela, and all the countries in Latin America that are influenced by (Hugo) Chavez.

"In Ecuador they withdraw licences after they have been issued. You can't tolerate that kind of instability. Russia is another country where things are deteriorating," he said.

I find it very curious that they had to mention negatively Ecuador. A country they have no presence in and that has no producing mining industry to speak of yet. To mention it at all means that for some reason it has been on there minds. Perhaps there are 14,000,000 and counting reasons, all owned by ARU. Perhaps that is why Barrick felt it needed to make this statement hahahahahahahaha.

This is also an interesting statement from Goldcorp. The quote does not really match what the initial sentance says, does it.

Ecuador was just voted the best place to retire in the whole world. If that is the case, it sounds like it would be a very nice place to go on a holiday.

Kevin McArthur, chief executive of Goldcorp, said his group was not setting foot outside North America.

"We won't build a mine where we won't go on holiday. We're even tending to stay out of the US because that has some of the highest political risk in terms of mining investment," he said.

Ecuador was just voted the best place to retire in the whole world. If that is the case, it sounds like it would be a very nice place to go on a holiday.

Perhaps Goldcorp should take note of the 15% royalty that the Ontario Government place on the new diamond mines in it's north as a possible harbinger of things to come. Perhaps they have and perhaps they wish to take a holiday from high Canadian taxes down in Ecuador if possible. Hahahahahaha.

Regards,

F.F. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply