Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Message: New Alonso Soto post -- some good some bad (as always)

Sorry, I just meant egos of some of the politicians, and not all of them. Also, not Correa; he's good for their  country.  

I agree about Chavez & Bush . . . oh well! . . . that's life! lol!

Objectively speaking, politicians are neither good nor bad.  They are merely symptoms of the relative health or sickness of the society that elects them.   In a democracy, you get the govt. you deserve - that is to say, the govt. you elect will be a refection of the hopes, aspirations and prejudices of the people casting the ballots.  If your electorate is uneducated and misinformed, your politicians will be equally so.  No politician runs against the grain of popular opinion or they won't be in office very long. 

My sense is that the Ecuadorian electorate is slowly realizing their mistake.  They reacted in haste to a situation that had become intolerable - rule by a self-interested elite that had gone on far too long. As with all protest votes, the maxim "be careful what you wish for" holds true.  They are now experiencing the inevitable hangover that always follows a political bender.

Meanwhile,  neighboring Peru, which came within a hair's breadth of taking the same path as Ecuador, is prospering with 8% growth. This won't go unnoticed for long, in fact those comparisons are already being made.

Our best hope may be to just sit these guys out.  Like they say, if you don't like the present government, just wait a year...LOL!

ebear 

New Message
Please login to post a reply