Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

I respect your opinion also.  

DMM is building a mine and needs the cash.  This is the third deal like this with sprott for a million shs in the last 9 months.  They get low in cash, sprott buy another million shs from their treasury.  The last deals closed on Oct 11th (1.2m shs @$8.25) and the one before was on June 15th (1m shs @$6).  They had $16m in cash at the end of January with a large burn rate as they ramp up for production late second qtr.  In other words they come to market when they need the cash, not before and do it with minimal dilution.

CPQ I expected the PP and almost predicted it to the day.  Here is my post from the night before it was announced entitled "We need to get the PP out of the way"

http://www.stockhouse.ca/bullboards/viewmessage.asp?no=17874224&tableid=0

BTW, the stock was trading in the $2.70's the close before the PP was announced.  They got screwed.  They were down to their last $100k, and had 2 diamond drills and a second rc rig show up in a three week span...people needed to get paid.  They put out the assays you spoke of that Monday but they got completely lost in the shuffle as that was the day the world was crashing...the next day tuesday was when the fed stepped in with the surprise 3/4 cut.

None the less I was disappointed that they did the 4m plus units...I still think they should have just raised $5m 'ish (2m shs) until we got a look at the sulphides...but I dont run the company and for all I know they may have been spooked that week into thinking we were into a 1987 like crash...

Long and the short was it presented a good buying opportunity which I took advantage of:

http://www.stockhouse.ca/bullboards/viewmessage.asp?no=17875045&tableid=0

The problem, and I think your missing it, the next PP will be the big one.  If they are honestly going it alone, the next deal will be in the $100m plus ball park.  Similiar to the last big one from Osisko.

from NOv 15th NR

"Osisko Exploration Ltd. (TSX-V:OSK) is pleased to announce that it has closed its previously announced brokered private placement with a syndicate of underwriters led by Westwind Partners Inc. and including National Bank Financial Inc., RBC Capital Markets, BMO Capital Markets, Paradigm Capital Inc. and PI Financial Corp. (the "Underwriters"). Osisko issued a total of 19,250,000 Special Warrants at a price of C$6.50 per Special Warrant, for aggregate gross proceeds of C$125,125,000."

This deal pissed a lot of people off and the stock has barely been able to keep its head above $6 since (averaged about $5.80 since nov) was trading $7ish when the deal was announced.

They told the mkt they were worth $6.50...now thats their top even with gold flying.

Aurelian tells me their worth $8...i'll take my $8 and walk on.  Doesn't mean you or anyone else should do the same, I've simply seen that movie enough times to know how the next year will work out.

My comment about the banks was in reference to bankers that need to be hired to consumate all takeovers- love'em or hate'em, they have to be brought in for the paper work.

Regards,

Buck 

New Message
Please login to post a reply