Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Feb 27, 2008 05:42PM
Feb 27, 2008 06:17PM
Feb 27, 2008 06:41PM

Good question Safe.

It really depends on how deep they have to drill to find the western fault.  On line 3350 it looks like there is a 200 meter vertical offset in the Misahuali Andesite at the western fault.   That would mean they would have to drill at least 600+ meters vertically to catch the top of the deposit.  That is about a 900 meter hole on a 70 degree angle to get to the top of the deposit plus whatever length they need to go through the deposit.   If they hit it they can set wedges higher in the hole that will deflect the bit as you drill past them.   The result is that you can deflect the direction of the new hole 3-7 degrees from that point and basically spilt a series on new holes off of your first hole.   That way you don't have to re-drill the first 700 meters.    They would go for 2 or 3 intersections to show that it is there and then go underground after it to prove it up.

The problem I see with the 'its just got to be deeper' approach is that on both line 3500 and line 3700 we drilled 250 meters deeper than the top of the andesites and just to the west of the western fault with no joy.   There is always a temptation to say that it must be just a little deeper but without any significant marker horizons or geophysics to guide you its a guess as to how deep or where it is.   1400-1500 meter holes will cost $1/2 million a pop and take 3 or 4 weeks each to drill so I hope they know a lot more than they are telling us.

To me this sounds like a Hail Mary Pass with 2 seconds left in the game.   A last shot a finding the western zone before news comes out from the negotiations and we are put in play.   I have my fingers crossed for the home team and hope it works.

.... Been There 

Feb 28, 2008 02:31AM

Feb 28, 2008 04:31AM
Feb 29, 2008 04:33PM
Feb 29, 2008 05:31PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply