Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

I would like to share a story of share price management.

This was told to me very recently by Barry Cooper who is the CIBC analyst that wrote the Aurelian report.

he told me back in about 1999 he was at a function with some clients and the CEO of one of the most prominent gold mines was there. (I wont say the name on this forum but you all know of this person).

He invited the CEO to sit at their table and the invitation was accepted. During the whole dinner the CEO went on and on about this new company they had recently acquired and how the particular metal that this new acquisition produced was going to be so great and that demand was going to go through the roof.

After dinner Barry told me he had a chance to talk to the CEO one on one and he asked the CEO about this company and the mineral. Barry said he was surprised because he said to the CEO, "only a couple of months you were so pessimisstic and you slammed this company numerous times and said the resource was going no where"

The CEO replied, "of course I slammed it, back then I was a buyer"

enough said of the dirty politics that surround the resource sector

New Message
Please login to post a reply