Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

"Keegan Continues to Hit Excellent Gold Grades on Stepout Holes at Esaase"

I know what you're getting at, and it does make me smile, but it's not really a fair comparison. Keegan is an open pit project, and we're underground. Open pit is a whole different type of mining where low grade is only "low" relative to mining costs.

For a better comparison, in a similar setting, you should look at Guyana Goldfields. http://www.guygold.com

Take a look at the the structure of their deposit, and contrast that with the currently known extent of FDN. They even have a "Bonza Las Penas" zone adjacent to the main deposit.

Like so many others, the stock is way off its highs and may represent good value here. This is off the top of my head. I owned it at one point but bailed when the market turned ugly. Haven't revisited it since, but I may do so now, if only as an excercise.

In fact, this would a good one for us to do a work-up on and post our results to the OT board. That way we could compare our analysis and see how close we come to each other's results.

I've often thought this would be a better approach to junior investing - put a team together, pick out a few targets, then everyone do a work-up. It's more organized than wandering about on your own trying to find good prospects. Most of the time you come along after a strike and the stock has run up. Better to put a team together (like we have here) and figure out what early stage projects have merit, then pick 4 or 5 and really focus on them. Maybe each member could come up with a "A" and a "B" choice, and then the group could work on them from there? You could even break it down by preference: early stage, late stage, etc., or by region: high risk, low risk, and so forth.

This is something we could do now, while the paint dries, or later on when we have more funds to invest. I think it's a better approach than going it alone, or relying exclusively on market letters and gurus. Going it alone, you run the risk of making a critical mistake, where as a member of a group, that's less likely to happen. Following gurus is likewise risky because their recommendations tend to drive a stock up, so you're already paying a premium to get in, which you should never do. This is something I've learned the hard way. Never, EVER overpay for these things...LOL!

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply