Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Message: No discussion slaughtered by the deadline pressure: Acosta

otto posted two theories about acosta and correa, a short and simple one that made a lot of sense (they disagree over developing natural resources) and a long, complicated one (too byzantine to even sum up here.)

i am no political expert, but it seems clear to take this at face value. i have read theories and explanations here that make my head spin, and i believe people are either over-thinking this, or they are giving acosta way too much credit.

acosta has been undermining correa's authority for a long time, and el presidente has been looking for a door to shove him out. every time you read a soto story, that is acosta pushing his agenda, and undermining correa's efforts. whether it is limiting concessions, banning open pits, the state taking an interest in projects, you name it.

correa wants to develop energy and mining, and acosta has been thwarting his efforts by destroying investor confidence in ecaudor. the most egregious example of this was the mining mandate. only a few days before, correa had made an address blasting the radical environmentalists who were preventing economic progress. then on april 18 came a 180-defree turn with the announcement of the mining mandate and stop work order.

as bad as it was for us to see our investments lose half of their value, that had to be absolutely humiliating for correa. he's the one who had to backtrack to get the support of the acostanistas. then within days, they had to reverse themselves again and again under international pressure, saying it would be six months, only 60-70 days, and then maybe only a month.

it looked like amateur hour with a government that didn't know what it was doing from one day to the next. correa had to get rid of acosta, and find someone else to work with to get his legislation enacted. acosta is still in the assembly, but now he is just one voice among many, and won't be in a leadership position setting the agenda.

it makes me laugh to see their politicians wringing their hands over his resignation and being quoted as saying "this is so painful." those guys should be getting academy awards. if they let acosta return to any position of authority, they should have their heads examined.

New Message
Please login to post a reply