Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

PATRICK Why Didn't YOU Know This?

posted on Jul 31, 2008 09:11PM

James Crossland, Kinross's vice-president of government relations, says President Correa has been consistent in his support for responsible mining and has not indicated in any way that miners would face a fate similar to that of the country's oil industry.

Crossland points out that as Ecuador's oil supplies begin to decline, it will have to look to mining, along with agriculture and tourism, to pick up the economic slack.

Furthermore, he says anti-mining sentiment coming out of Ecuador in April was from a constitutional assembly set up and given legislative powers while a new constitution was drafted.

"It's a unique situation there: for every comment made by the (constitutional assembly) against mining I can pull out positive quotes from the president," he says. "What's important to recognize is the constitutional assembly is not the government."

The assembly is not the government -- and is no longer in existence. The constitutional assembly dissolved on July 26 with the completion of the new constitution. The draft they presented will be voted on in a referendum in September.

While Crossland says there is nothing in the constitution that would be of concern to miners, what will be of interest is the tax structure that the new mining mandate will bring in. He says the government has consulted with Chile and other South American mining countries and expects the tax burden to be in line with such neighbours as Peru.

On the conference call, Burt said Kinross's valuation of Aurelian's assets assumed a total tax burden -- including corporate tax, potential windfall taxes and a net smelter royalty -- of 45-55%.

"expects the tax burden to be in line with such neighbours as Peru" Your Retail Shareholders knew this, Kinross knew this but you missed it likely because you were negotiating on the purchase of Britain's Royal Palace - a new home being the reason given by someone for your massive Insider Sales. As to the reason for the other Board Members' Sales, I couldn't find anything in print. I'm presuming you all saw the Political Climate heating up so you thought you better bail and you were so right! In April, operations were ceased by President Correa to give time for a New Mineral Law to be written. I personnally say "Rightly so!" I sure don't approve of his course of action but ... I do approve his goal to rectify his Country's mess he was met with when he came to Power.

Tell us please what it is you "Negotiated" with Kinross FOR YOUR SHAREHOLDERS?

FOR THE BOD: You got what looks to me to be a lucrative Compensation Plan.

FOR KINROSS: You put a bargain price on 10% of the Company at $4.75 when we didn't need additional Funds. Hmmm you just gifted our assets so what did we need money for other than hand it back to kinross.

A Win-Win for Kinross. If they lose the Bid they've got a damn good profit. Oh and there's the choice, should they wish to do so, of reducing the minimum shs tendered that they'll take up from 66% to 50.1%.

FOR US: You diluted our 150,000,000 shs by tossing them into a barrel with 600,000,000 Kinross shs containing a RUSSIAN asset or didn't you notice. The odds are better that we wake up some tomorrow and read that Russia has confiscated that asset vs President Correa confiscating our Fruita del Norte.

Then there's this stmt:

Thankfully for Kinross, it has a greater measure of certainty on the geology side of the deal.

While Fruta del Norte has only aninferred resource estimate -- 58.9 million tonnes grading 7.23 grams gold for 13.7 million contained ounces gold and 22.4 million oz. silver-- Kinross is very familiar with the deposit.

This likely because they saw 80 holes of drill results the shareholders haven't been made privy to. We the shareholders have been put on the Auction Block but we have no idea what's in the package we're selling.

My figures may be wrong. My understanding of the situation may be misconstrued but the basic fact is, you gifted our beloved FDN, the biggest find of many years, into the outstretched hands of one Kinross, whose Offer will expire at a time prior to when the long awaited New Mineral Law will be made public.

You were my Hero Patrick. As well, the envy of every Miner in the World but now ...

Hang your Head in Shame "Little Man".

New Message
Please login to post a reply