Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Aug 13, 2008 12:01AM

Interesting.

The only thing I would suggest is that you make the offer to the local mining community - the grass roots. They seem to have the government´s ear at the moment. Plus they'll still be in the business long after the current elected officials in Quito are gone.

The only problem here is, where do they get the 500-600 M it will take to build the mine? The only people with that kind of money are the govt. or a syndicate of Ecuadorean banks with govt. underwriting.

The miners will participate to the extent the govt. shares go into a pension fund for miners, or some kind of benefit package for profit sharing. This could be one of the stipulations for making the deal.

As for this govt. I expect them to be around for a while. Sure they've made some mistakes, but those can be corrected in the passage of time. I wouldn't put much stock in what western analyists are saying about Correa or AP. Look at the recent numbers on Evo out of Bolivia, then compare to what the pundits were predicting. These guys always get it wrong. They write what they wish things would be, not how they actually are.

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply