Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Aug 13, 2008 05:21PM
Aug 13, 2008 05:33PM
Aug 13, 2008 05:42PM

Re: What is this MR.Pat

posted on Aug 13, 2008 08:57PM

Incidently Dr Barron was the brains behind the discovery and brought Fergus in as friends sometimes do those sort of things. From what I hear Keith is the person most qualified to be at the helm.

for the new people, here is some history:

keith barron did the work in the early days but stephen leary was the geologist actually responsible for the discovery of fruta del norte. not sure what patrick was doing back then, probably just starting to scheme with kinross.

the company had already struck gold at bonza las penas, but neither the size nor grade of the deposit was panning out, and they didn't want to chase it to the north under the sandstone cover. leary convinced them that the mineralization could continue at depth in the fruta del norte area, even though there was no evidence of it at the surface.

so they drilled some blind holes and hit the mother lode. i still remember that day. the stock was halted when i had to go to work, and when i got home i saw it was my top performer for the day. i thought it was up 23.4% but aru wasn't aligned with the rest of the column. i took a better look and saw it was up 234%!

those were happier times. even better drill holes would follow and i thought i was going to make out like a bandit. but then i didn't know the company was being run by a bandit. and so here we are today.

New Message
Please login to post a reply