Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Just back from the cottage - no internet - and catching-up. This "latest aurelian rumour" is the most unlikely rumour I have ever had the displeasure to read.

Well, the person who posted it didn't follow Heraldic Tradition (his bear was facing the wrong way) so what can you expect?

Actually, there is some substance to the rumor, though as with all rumors, it leaves out important details.

The alternate plan, which was to mine FDN in JV with the Ecuadorean Govt. was originally intended to demonstrate just how weak this Kinross offer really is. By cutting the govt. in for half, in exchange for putting up the development capital, we actually come out ahead vs. the Kinross offer.

The plan has subsequently morphed into an actual proposal which is contingent on removing the current board of directors. It's a good plan for those with a longer view that want to stay in Ecuador and realize the full potential of this new mining camp.

For those who don't take that view, and who still believe the govt of Ecuador is the main risk, all I can say is, why didn't you sell when you had the chance? You had an opportunity to get out at 10. Did you really think an acquirer would pay more than that under the circumstances? I mean, if you don't trust this govt. then why should they?

Those of us who've studied the situation have already made the commitment. Kinross seems to agree with our view. Other miners in-country feel likewise. If the market doesn't see it, and acquirers are too nervous, well, we'll just build it ourselves using Ecuadorean financing and govt guarantees. Personally, I like the idea of cutting Bay St. out of the equation. What have they ever done for us?

A disident group of shareholders who overthrow Big Money and help to start an independent mining industry in Ecuador? This is the stuff legends are made of! You think that doesn't sell down there?

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply