Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Re: Meridian

in response to by
posted on Aug 31, 2008 06:38PM

It is good that our fellow poster has shown highlights of Meridians supposed spectacular results. This is important in the coming years so that investors can make wise choices when reading resource companies reports.

While on the surface Meridians results look OK, hardly spectacular in my opinion, when one looks more closely at the numbers, what one finds is a marginal producer.

Record net earnings of $24.5 million, or $0.24 per share

- Consolidated gold production of 80,400 ounces at a negative net cash cost of $(58) per ounce fueled by record quarterly silver production of 2.3 million ounces and production of 870 tonnes of zinc

This company only made in there best year ever, after 30 years, 24.5 million after producing 80,400 ounces of gold, 2.3 million ounces of silver and 870 tonnes of zinc.

This tells me that this company has high costs and will be a relative underperformer. Which is in line with its track record.

This will only get worse for Yamana as former Meridians producing operations become older.

I could go on and on with all those "miner" technicalities and explain all the problems certain mining companies have producing. But it is not relavent at this stage to ARU.

Nuff said hahahahahaha

Regards,

F.F.

New Message
Please login to post a reply