Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Well bgold last week I posted an article which quoted John Embry as saying with regard to ARU "I hope this deal don't go through"

John Embry, Chief Investment Strategist for Sprott Asset Management and renowned industry expert, has researched the sector for 30 years. He expresses disbelief as he explains today’s irrational pricing in this exclusive interview with The Gold Report. He attributes gold’s alarming distress to “violent intervention by the paper players.” But he’s convinced they can only hold prices down for so long and forecasts four-digit gold by January 2009. Juniors present the best opportunity to leverage the coming gold price explosion and he shares his favorite names.

TGR: What would be in the top ten holdings?

JE: Aurelian Resources Inc. (ARU:TSX) is an interesting one—arguably the best find in the new century. It has a minimum of 10 to 13 million ounces. Because it’s in Ecuador they’re having all the problems with Correa’s government. Kinross has put in a bid to take them out. The bid has given the stock a lift, but it’s a remarkable asset and I hope this deal doesn’t go through.

You just may be right Sprott may be holding out with some of their shares but I think they held more than 10% in their combined funds.

mercian9

New Message
Please login to post a reply