Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

I do not know where you got your information from, but here is what K has on their web site. Perhaps you can post the whole part of the press release or tell me where you got it from where K states 89.7% of shares have been tendered to the offer.

Kinross now owns 90.7% of Aurelian shares
Offer extended to September 29, 2008
TORONTO, September 16, 2008
– Kinross Gold Corporation (TSX: K, NYSE: KGC)
announced today that it has taken up and paid for an additional 15,165,279 common shares
of Aurelian Resources Inc. (TSX: ARU) following the extension of Kinross’ previously
announced offer to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Aurelian,
dated July 28, 2008, since the initial expiry date of September 3, 2008, and including
shares subsequently deposited pursuant to notices of guaranteed delivery during the initial
bid period. As a result of this acquisition, Kinross now beneficially owns a total of
138,689,460 common shares of Aurelian, or 90.7% of the issued and outstanding common
shares of Aurelian (on a fully diluted basis), and 89.7% of the Aurelian shares excluding the
15 million shares acquired by Kinross prior to the offer.
Kinross has also extended its offer to enable those shareholders who have not yet tendered
their shares a final opportunity to deposit their Aurelian shares to the offer. A notice of
extension will be mailed to shareholders in the coming days, and the offer as extended is
now expected to expire at midnight (Toronto time) on September 29, 2008. Following this
final extension, Kinross expects to acquire all of the remaining shares by way of compulsory
acquisition.
Upon completion of the compulsory acquisition, Kinross intends to de-list the common
shares of Aurelian from the Toronto Stock Exchange
I do not see anywhere there that they have taken up tendered shares.
I also have given the definition of BENEFICIALLY OWNED already.
As the way I understand it, it is simular to when you deposit money in your bank account. While technically it becomes the banks money and they own it and have certain rights in regards to it, like being able to lend it out. Legal ownership remains with the depositor, were they are given interest and can withdraw there validly deposited cash at any time they wish.
F.F.
New Message
Please login to post a reply