Welcome To The CGX Energy Inc HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Yeah CGX has had a really tough ride. But I really expect alot from this company soon. If you go through all the reports and files on the website (which ...are many, understatement). You have to say this company has done alot of work, and has alot of patience. Management has done the best it can to progress towards drilling. I like their firmness in not diversifying into other plays...

As for Inpex (50 day well, cost, 5 million?$), I don't expect them to hit. They are targeting albian carbonates, which if I am correct are positioned much higher up on the shelf. Previous drilling has shown, shelf reservoirs are present but lack seal and connectivity to migration paths. I've taken a look at pretty much all the documents and can say (in theory) it might have to do with the hugeeee amount of shale on top of our turbidites... I think the oil expelled, which went to Tambaredjo, in the early phase of the maturation may have been cut off during its maturation, due to down throwing of blocks ? Which explains why Abary has oil markers (see sample analysis) of older maturity... hmmm

But then again the oil sources might stem from different layers.... its hard to tell what the exact reason is for the differences....

I however think that the key to this basin area is offshore, in our area and beyond. The shales have blocked most of the flow of oil to the shore, and so the potential has been stuck in the deep for a long time. Any way good luck.

By the way, Murphy and Shell are derisking their permits by first drilling in the shallow area's?... and then slowly moving towards deeper turbidite prospects... same as us, but we are a little ahead of them all.

New Message
Please login to post a reply