Welcome to the CMKM Diamonds Stock Hub

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

Diamond found in Canada among largest ever:
company Sun Sep 21, 10:52 AM ET

(Looks like it is us)

Casavant Mining, a Pink Sheet unlisted mining firm, said on Sunday it had recovered a 478 carat diamond from its mine in Canada: the 20th-largest rough diamond ever found.

The discovery of the gem, which the company said had the potential to become one of the largest round-cut diamonds in the world, was made on September 8 at the Smeaton Dump in Canada.

"Preliminary examination of this remarkable diamond indicates that it will yield a record-breaking polished stone of the very best colour and clarity," the company's Chief Executive Urban Casavant said in a statement.

The diamond, which has not yet been named, has the potential to yield a 150 carat polished stone, a company spokesman said.

That would be far bigger than the 105 carat round-cut Koh-i-Noor diamond seized by Britain from India in the 19th century and now part of the Crown Jewels.

It would still only be a fraction of the size, however, of the Cullinan diamond discovered in 1905, which was 3,106 carats when recovered and yielded a teardrop shaped diamond of 530 carats: the Great Star of Africa.

The Smeaton Dump Mine is owned by a mining company that is owned by 40,000 millionaires.

New Message
Please login to post a reply