Welcome To The Canadian Imperial Venture HUB On AGORACOM

Identify, Focus, Develop.

Free

Thanks for the post,

Your right if there is oil sitting within layers of shale or visa versa, and there is enough of it (which they say there is 1-2 billion barrels) it will bring a glimmer of hope to us, with the possiblity of extraction.

But, if the oil is trapped inside the shale rock like it is in many other places all over the world (north dakota, wynoming...etc) I seriously doubt that CIVC will have the time or the money to extract it. This process is a relatively cutting edge technology being led by Schlumberger(as far as I know). It is a very long process from initial planning to actually getting oil out of the ground.

Currently the most common method of shale oil recovery is mining it from the surface or underground. Which obviously isn't an option for CIVC. Below is a link to the Society of Petroleum Engineers, it talks about what technology advances that are being made for extracting oil from shale. The process is very interesting. If it is trapped within the shale I don't see this being a play that we (CIVC) can tackle today...but maybe in a few years when the technology advances and been made and becomes main stream it will be a viable play. Keep in mind that CIVC does have the lease for another 3 years (I think) Still a pipe dream....but thats what we are all holding onto right now is "Hopes and Dreams"

Regards,

http://updates.spe.org/index.php/200...

New Message
Please login to post a reply