Welcome To The Canadian Imperial Venture HUB On AGORACOM

Identify, Focus, Develop.

Free

Olympics

posted on Aug 21, 2008 11:00AM

The Olympics have IMO been a tonic over the last two weeks. Seeing the youth of today striving to perform to their best ability for themselves, their families for their communities and for their countries. The competition has been fierce. GB has had a good games, well it had to happen some time. What has pleased me is seeing Olympians from all countries raising their game and achieving personal bests.
We have had our own version of the games with CIVC. Loads of pre game’s hype about the potential of the play. False starts, lack of communication, experienced players jumping the gun and selling while the rest of the competitors are still on the start line, flag waving and cheering about Alberta, boy she has potential. Quick, she could be on the podium in a week holding the black GOLD, ……oh dear, dear she’s still running. Testing, ….results promised in days, assurance that this is a clean event, cheats will be exposed quickly, …or not. This performance will result in a medal, …oh dear another DNS.
But at this Olympic time I raise again the questions, have the BOD given their best or have they milked the gravy train provided by investors. Over the last six months can they say they have won the GOLD medal, they have performed at that high level which leaves us ordinary mortals in awe. All of us here will have our own opinion. I have mine.
Best wishes to all
a6dyl.
PS
And we are off. CIVC is leading to the first bend with SPE and Enegi Oil in close second and third places. SPE try to mount Union Gold which shrugs off the advances and goes its own way. CIVC enter the last lap and shed GHS to maximize their chance of success, SPE are still in the race but, lack of resources are hindering their push in the home straight. Alberta, I told you earlier was one to watch, is coming up on the outside, CIVC is keeping its cards close to its chest and makes a last lunge for the line, SPE is falling back as Enegi digs deep …….

Boy I wish I knew how this race ends.

New Message
Please login to post a reply