Welcome to the Cardiogenics Holdings Discussion Forum

Paramagnetic Beads and QL Analyser are Proprietary Products

Free

Jag you stated "I also have to wonder why a company that has been around for 12 years still doesn't have it's first product available for sale and why, if the bead technology is so revolutionary, they would give it up to Merck for a mere 30% of the profits."

The short answer is because they were pioneering new technologies that had to be created from scratch. Dr Gawad had a vision and built a team to invent the para magnetic beads and the Analyser device. As I mentioned, I have been in this from the first seed money - a long time. I have helped out in the sessions to get around technical barriers with the Analyser.

I almost replied when I first read your post but I paused. I honestly cannot determine whether you are a basher or a supporter. I mentioned information was scarce and it was, because of the solid science that it is patented. Pioneering/invention is a slow expensive road. The deal with Merck will allow money to start flowing, funding more R&D. Money is near impossible to borrow and now that we are near to market, a deal was made to get to market before others chasing similar products. Anyone who invests, looks at the P/E of a company. You have to sell a product to get the Profit flowing. There is a ton of profit in healthcare. There are a ton of cardiac tests done every day. We want a part of that market. I am glad to support the 30/70 deal with one of the largest companies in the Pharma business. We give a little today and we hope to get a lot later. Think hockey stick as the shape of things to come.

New Message
Please login to post a reply