Welcome to the Cardiogenics Holdings Discussion Forum

Paramagnetic Beads and QL Analyser are Proprietary Products

Free

Message to Shareholders Oct 27

posted on Oct 28, 2009 10:59AM

Amazing what you find when you look. They are organized as I picked this off the website. I have not received a copy yet formt the official channels. Things are looking up. Communication is a very good thing.

CardioGenics Holdings Inc. Announces Letter To Shareholders

Letter Provides Introduction to JAG Shareholders and Details the Company’s Development
Programs for Their Proprietary Products That Serve the In Vitro Diagnostic Market

Mississauga, Ontario, - October 27, 2009 - CardioGenics Holdings Inc. (OTCBB: CGNH), a
developer of technology and products targeting the immunoassay segment of the In-Vitro
Diagnostic (IVD) testing market, has issued a letter to its shareholders. To view the letter in its
entirety, please visit the following link: http://irgnews.com/node/1633.

In the letter, CardioGenics Chief Executive Officer, Yahia Gawad, MD, updates shareholders on
the company’s efforts to increase shareholder value related to its key initiatives and
developments, which include:

• Commercializing its proprietary Paramagnetic Beads, a method for improving light
collection using silver-coated magnetic Beads, a consumable test reagent used in 90% of
medical lab analyzers. The company signed an agreement with Merck Chimie S.A.S.
(“Merck”) in January pursuant to which Merck is further developing the Beads and will
distribute the final product.

• US Food and Drug Administration approval process for the QL Care Analyzer
(“QLCA”), a state-of-the-art proprietary point-of-care (“POC”) immunoanalyzer. The
company is approximately 12 to 14 months away from submitting its first 510K
application to the FDA for the QLCA and its first cardiovascular test, Troponin I (TnI).

• FDA submission for the Company’s three follow-on Immunoassay tests: CardioGenics
will submit to the FDA in three-month intervals following the FDA’s approval of the
QLCA and TnI test; Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type-1 (PAI-1), Heart Failure Risk
Stratification (HFRS); and Heart Failure Genomics Risk (HFGR) tests. These tests are
designed to address significant clinical problems in patients suffering the consequences
of ischaemic heart diseases.

Dr. Yahia Gawad, Chief Executive Officer, commented: “Overall, our primary objective is to
commercialize our proprietary IVD products and increase shareholder value. As a result of the
JAG Media transaction, we now have new shareholders and at the same time, we have the
backing of our loyal CardioGenics shareholders who have invested and supported our
developmental efforts for the past 10 years. You have my pledge in the future to keep all of our
shareholders informed about our progress and the work we are doing to bring the QLCA and
immunoassay test products to market. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank every
member of our clinical team that, through hard work and dedication, has stayed the course to
develop our products.”

Oct 28, 2009 06:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply