Welcome to the Cardiogenics Holdings Discussion Forum

Paramagnetic Beads and QL Analyser are Proprietary Products

Free
Message: Off Topic - Veyron Driven in Excess of 225 MPH "South of the Border

Thanks. Actually, I don't think the video does the car justice but I wonder what the fine is for driving 225 and how could a mere highway patrol cruiser ever catch him?

And as I told my son when I bought him his first sports car. It's not that the car is unsafe at speeds over 100 mph...it's mostly that our regular roads aren't safe for cars going that fast!

My favorite part of the background research I did was about the side view mirrors. During the designer's obsession to achieve the 240/250 mph top speed, at one point they tried reducing the size of the side view mirrors to lessen the wind resistance. They discovered the front end got squirrly because the larger mirrors were acting as spoilers at high speeds pressing the car more firmly to the ground and improving traction.

Here's a link to the amphibious Veyron. They have a link to footage of the actual crash in the text. If the link doesn't work, just Google Veyron Lake Texas.

http://jalopnik.com/5403061/16-million-bugatti-veyron-crashes-into-texas-lake

What I still can't understand with this amazing car, is why they made the front center grill look like a toilet seat. You would think they would have learned a lesson from the Edsel!

New Message
Please login to post a reply