Welcome to the Cardiogenics Holdings Discussion Forum

Paramagnetic Beads and QL Analyser are Proprietary Products

Free

Gameson: When someone posts volume figures thinking they were trades you have to go back to the basics and explain to him how the market actually operates.......Thebeatgoeson: You have posted continuously that the 2015 volume in CGNH was 20 million shares and not the 40 million shares that actually traded. You base your conclusion on the premise that when a investor calls his broker to buy a specific number of shares, say 50,000, the broker buys the shares from someone else and sells the shares back to the customer. As a result, in your mind, the volume is double counted. This might have occurred in the "dark ages" but never happens in today's automated market...For example: If I want to buy 50,000 shares of CGNH i will go on line and check the market. The market might be 3.0--3.5, 10,000 by 15,000. I will place a order to buy the 15,000 shares and the order will be executed within seconds. I will check the market again and I might find there are now 25,000 shares offered at 3.7. I could buy the 25,000 shares and then recheck the market again or I could place a bid to buy the remaining 35,000 shares at 3.5 or 3.6. If I decide to bid for the shares I would indicate if the order was GTC or only good for the day. If you have access to a computer site like Investors Hub you can see most of the bids below the market and the offers above the market. If an investor has a very large order and wants to buy it quickly he might call a broker to execute it for him. The broker will use his Computer to watch how the market changes during the day and place bids or take offered stock for his client. When you use a broker you pay a higher commission. Under no circumstances will the broker buy shares and then sell them back to his client.

New Message
Please login to post a reply