Welcome to the Cardiogenics Holdings Discussion Forum

Paramagnetic Beads and QL Analyser are Proprietary Products

Free

There are a number of Internet sites that allow individuals to post information about listed Companies. All the sites permit posting anonymously. As a result a basher, paid or with a vendetta, can constantly post actual or implied negative information about a Company. The basher posts about past events and does not care about the future prospects of the Company. He misleads perspective investors and existing shareholders and if he is proven wrong the basher can just leave the site. Conversely, a individual who is a pumper can constantly post positive information to try to convince investors to buy the stock so he can unload his position at higher prices.....My suggestion is that Agoracon start a experiment, on a couple of selected boards, where individuals who post would have to use their actual names. This would discourage posters from bashing or pumping a stock for personal reasons. A message that prevades all site is: Why should I listen to an anonymous poster...... CGNH, for obvious reasons, would be a good candidate to include in the experiment although I understand there might be some legal obstacles that might prevent such a experiment from takng place.....I would further suggest that Agoracom utilize a "fact checker". If there are contested points among posters that could be resolved, the "fact checker" could call a regulatory organization to discover the truth. The poster who is wrong would be warned and be required to post a retraction. Additional action might be taken against a poster who receives a significant number of warnings. A recent discussion on this board, curtailed by Chilbear,was about a broker who received a buy order from his client. The broker then looked for a seller and after finding him purchased the shares from him and then sold the shares to his client. A "fact checker" would have been able to end the argument by calling the Market Regulation Department in FINRA.

New Message
Please login to post a reply