Welcome to the Cardiogenics Holdings Discussion Forum

Paramagnetic Beads and QL Analyser are Proprietary Products

Free

Prior discussions on this board centered around the possibility that the volume in CGNH might have been doubled. The discussion revolved around the misguided example of a customer who enters a order to buy 100,000 shares. According to this poster the broker who receives the order would buy the shares from someone else and then sell the shares back to his customer. This would result in double reporting.....This form of trading disappeared before the turn of the Century with the advent of computerized and on-line trading. If I wanted to buy 100,000 shares of CGNH I would go on-line and either place a bid or take the existing offer. If I wanted to place the order with a broker and pay a higher commission the broker would just buy the shares using his/her computer. Although it is possible the broker could work the order on a "not held basis" or arrange for a cross, in no case would the broker buy the shares and then sell it back to his client. If anyone on this board wants to corroborate what I just posted they can call the market regulation department at FINRA or the compliance depatment at Ameritrade or E-trade..........With 5 trading days left in June the total volume in CGNH is close to 52 million shares. The just released 10Q indicates that 22 million shares were the result of convertible note holders who received shares and sold them. Another 7 million shares on the sell side were probably the result of marketmaker transactions and investors who traded the stock. That leaves about 23 million shares. There are currently about 55 million shares in the float. I know shareholders who own close to 45 million shares. These shareholders bought a significant number of shares during this period and I am pretty sure they did not sell any. If we assume half of the remaining 10 million shares were sold that would still leave 18 million shares unaccounted for..............IMO, most of these shares were sold by "naked shorters" who sold the shares in one account and bought the same shares in a second account. The second account was under pressure to deliver shares that were previously shorted. I believe the management of CardioGenics shares that opinion. I also know that Gary Valinotti, former CEO of Jag Media Holdings and a expert on "naked shorting", completely agrees with this conclusion. If any shareholder wants to speak to Gary they can PM me and I will give them his number.......The client that was selling all those shares the last week through CDEL is finished. As of the close today there were only 70,000 shares offered up to 3.0. Any positive announcement from the company can move the price significantly higher.

New Message
Please login to post a reply