Free

AGM Results

posted on Jun 20, 2009 01:26AM

Great Meeting, very well attended, standing room only

Our board members were all re elected with the exception of TA who only received 27% of the votes. He will remain as CEO & our very capible spokesperson. All others received over 80%+ approval. 90% of US voters voted against TA & only 50% Canadian voted against him.

It seems that the American investors wanted a 100% independant BOD while Canadians were split 50 / 50

There were only about 5 questions asked, nothing negative. I questioned the timing of the merger efforts as being premature. I also said that it appeared to me that we have told our 3 serious suitors to "sheet or get off the pot" or we are moving on to develop our own assets. Appearantly those were the exact words of one of the board members. I also requested that since we have spent so much time & money on a merger that the best offer should be presented to the shareholders. In a conversation with TA after the meeting he agreed that he thought that it was both their legal if not @ least their moral obligation to present shareholders with any offer

MP told me after the meeting If no merger offers are consumated by July 10th then the merger costs would stop

It seems very clear that we will likely see an offer. I think that the $ I floated around of $1.25 may be achievable, but the $1.50 would not be likely.

Here's my math we cannot & should not expect a premium better than 50% as under these econonic conditions that is the MAX paid in any merger so far this year. CSG close of .68 + 50% is $1.02

We control our own destiny by rounding up some additional investors & adding to our own positions @ these cheap values we can improve on our current position. If we get the share price to $1.00 before an anouncement then $1.50 is achievable

Finally I loved the M&A update as the shorters {coming from the US} look like they have run for cover. They can no longer play this game safely with 3 declared suitors in the hunt. I did a lot of buying on Thursday & filled some more today which has finally allowed the stock to improve "the lid has come off the stock" so lets take this to $1.00 before a merger offer appears Many of us are taking to the phones tomorrow

Jun 20, 2009 09:45AM
Jun 20, 2009 01:03PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply