Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Hello xlll
Regarding your summary of PBG.
The only part that I think is accurate is that they have a great communication team.
They are not more diversified than CLL.
They do produce more per day, but that is as a result of a 2 year head start with White Sands. A lead that will rapidly disappear as Great Divide 1 comes up up speed.
They specifically do not have more reserves than CLL.
In fact they have proven no reserves at White Sands. They have a reource estimate only and have never done the drilling to prove any reserves per 53-101. There is a significant distinction in Canadian regulations between resourse claims and reserves.
They have been exploiting this distiction with claims  billions of barrels of OBIP on a land parcel half the size of CLL.
CLL makes no claims of total oil on their land.
The major market driver for PBG in my opinion is their promotion of the THAI technology, which the proponents see as a panacea for recovery of heavy oil.
To date that technology remains experimental and there is no obvious path to monetization.
I would suggest that the total physical assets of CLL are at least equal to those of PBG.
This would include both conventional and oil sands assets and South American subsidiaries.
This would not include CLL's refinery, for which PBG does not have an equivalent asset.
It is a well baited trap for the unwary investor to conclude that PBG is a better value proposition than CLL.
That lofty market cap  is a creation of market fantasies driven by carefully constructed PR's.
New Message
Please login to post a reply