Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi Cagerattler

I was also in Petrolifera earlier in the year when it was close to its peak.  I had gotten really greedy and bought it, thinking it was another potentially great investment.  When it suddenly dropped $4.00 a share I realized that I potentially could take a double hit since at that time I was already invested heavily in Connacher.  I sold it and took my loss but I continue to monitor the company as it indirectly affects Connacher's stock price.  The free fall was the result of Argentina putting a huge export tax on production that effectively capped oil prices at about $30.00 per barrel for oil produced in Argentina.  Petrolifera production is still profitable at this price just not as much as it was before.  They just announced bringing in a new well at 1500 barrels per day!  They also have major holdings in Peru and Columbia.  I personally think the share drop was unwarrented and if you are  patient, I think it will go back up.  Connacher's chairman recently mentioned a price of $20.00, implying in the near future.

It will be interesting to see what XIII has to say with regards to this stock.

Martin

New Message
Please login to post a reply