Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Mar 17, 2008 03:21PM

Mar 17, 2008 05:43PM

Mar 17, 2008 07:03PM

Mar 17, 2008 09:50PM

Hi everyone

Today we had some explication in the company I work about the use of catalyst in crude ,refiners and gas industry.I work in a catalyst plant from Shell.

Shell will upgrade new technology to reform NG in fuel products such as diesel ,gasoline ,kerosine etc..Why?The gas reserves are still growing during the years of exploration and crude oil fields are harder to find and some are already in decline.But gas is in surplus right now.

If we take NG with formul CH4 and you ad CO you can form multiple chains of carbon with H2O as byproduct.For more details about this look to Fischer-Tropsch tech or on this site http://www.shell-me.com/english/apr2...

There is also an idea to develop more diesel powered cars using diesel from this type which should be better for emvirioment because diesel cars have more torque and use less fuel then gasoline cars.Shell equipe won the 24 hours of Leman in an Audi V 10 diesel engine powered race car.

Now for oil price.Price of crude has risen during the years with a drop after the oil crisis due to the big Gawar field that was discovered.Now big fields are not in sight anymore .We have had discussions here about the tar sands reserves which on this moment are not recognized by the SEC as reserves.But let's assume they will do so would this be good for oil price?IMO if they count the huge reserve of oil sands in Canada is explorational reserves it could be that this would cause a drop in oil price just the same what happened when the Gawar field was discovered ofter the oil crisis.So like some predicted this would be good i doubt about that.For CLL itself this would be a good action as they proven reserves could recognized as a bigger value but on the other hand price of WTI could fall due to the dropping oil price if my proposed opinion is right.

If China and India however stay at the same amount of grow like it's today then demand could equals output and could rather led to a more stable price for quite a while.

JMHO

New Message
Please login to post a reply