Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi 2CRUDE and Onefortheroad, This is for Everyone

posted on Jun 20, 2008 08:01AM

I believe that a response to Onefortheroad's excellent post is required to ensure people that CLL should not be in jeopardy.

I know that I use the name "Niceguy" on this Board, but you should know that I am not that nice.

I have served in elected office in Alberta for 27 years and apparently, "I don't suffer fools lightly."

Iris Evans is a personal friend (I just visited her office) and I certainly can stand and talk with Ed Stelmach over the years on a reasonably regular basis.

Let me be absolutely clear. Though I grew up for about 23 years in Ontario, I have lived my life in Western Canada (mostly in Alberta).

I feel I know the political scene out here extremely well.

Stephan Dion is viewed as weak, and should he try to put in something to steal more money from Alberta, it would not be in Canada's best interest.

At the present time, Canada has equalization. Quite frankly, it's not equalization at all, it's basically a free gift to the have-not provinces from Alberta.

You don't toy with politicians from Alberta. The people from Alberta don't view Canada as a place that they have to belong to. Quite the opposite. Albertans belong to Canada because they feel they can contribute to a better nation.

A massive tax grab in any form will not be tolerated. That's not a prediction, it's not even a threat. That's just the way it is.

So, I am not worried at all about Stephan Dion. He may well become the Prime Minister of Canada. And should he try to pull a massive tax grab from Alberta, Canada will be much poorer financially after Alberta leaves.

By the way, I have every confidence that Saskatchewan and B.C. would be joining Alberta. That's not a threat, it's just the way it will probably be.

So, my point is, the investors in Connacher do not have to worry at all about some idiot named Dion in Ottawa.

2CRUDE, as an Albertan, I know you will appreciate what I have just said, and for all of you, I hope you have a great weekend.

Best Wishes,

Lynn

New Message
Please login to post a reply