Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi Sharky and Brian

posted on Jun 27, 2008 10:04AM

1. To my knowledge, the EUB will approve Algar soon. However, the Algar application was quite lengthy so it will probably take a considerable amount of work to ensure that all the information is as it should be.

2. After the EUB approves Algar, it will take about 30 days to be passed by the Provincial Legislature. So, early September would seem to be a reasonable estimate for the full Algar approval.

3. I agree with sydneyb that a lot of the parts have been ordered and have been constructed for Algar.

4. I don't believe that they can start preparing the Algar site until they receive permission to go ahead with Algar.

5. Again, I agree with sydneyb that not much will be visible from the highway.

6. My personal opinion is it's just a matter of when, not if, and I gave you my best guess as to the when is in point 2.

7. To my knowledge, there will not be any political interference with regard to the Algar application process.

8. For Brian, I was not implying that your opinion on manipulation is not correct. I have always looked at the markets as being a big gambling game for everyone. Also, where there's money involved, there will always be human beings who will try to get as much of it as they can.

I am just getting ready now to go out and say a few words at a graduation, so if I have to reply later, I may be delayed getting back to my computer.

Best Wishes,

Lynn

New Message
Please login to post a reply