Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Yens Lynn

There is some negativism since Q2 # were out so people started figure out what's the problem and are looking for some clues.

I can agree with Brian statement they tend to have blinders on regarding the need for disciplines beyond operations.

In reality it is. There is sometime a big difference in approach about people in management who never had worked with their hands and the so called "people on the floor”. Same at my company.

You're right if by 2015 they could achieve what they have in mind it would be great but predicting is one thing, the facts are the real. And investors are valuating a company on facts and nor predictions.

In fact if we take PDP and what they had earlier predict and announced they still haven't reached what they wanted and the sp is far lower then a year ago.

On CLL same story now. First Algar was right on the corner but now it seems another month away. If you really don't know for sure it's better to say nothing then to give a time base.

I also would have had if DG could explain why suddenly in light of Q2 # the big investors were heavily selling. My first thought was "are these guys so stupid "to risk a missing uptrend because most of us didn't count on such numbers. But they seemed to know more a few days before.

One more lesson learned once again. Don’t trust not always the words from CEO's.Big money and great investors go hand in hand.

I wrote once I earned big money in a tech company but sold my shares at 25 €.That CEO was very often on our tv ,made predictions ,was honoured techno the guys who did believe his pep talk have now an sp of 2.5 € ,ten times less then 2 years ago. Now the CEO isn't showing up anymore on tv.

I wouldn't predict the same here because compared to tech oil companies have there reserves and production increase but it's meant as a warning not to rely fully on these guys.

PS Lynn send some of the good weather to here.We need it.Lots of showers since 2 weeks.

New Message
Please login to post a reply