Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

"It is all big investors," added Beutel. "When stocks, dollar go under pressure, they jump into oil and they don't care who it hurts."

This is also a fact .With the rescue plan of Bush it will built up pressure on the US $ too.So oil price will go up to counter the us $.Some has a lot to do with positions from big investors which are changing their positions no matter how and for no funded reason.

I think with the trouble in the banking sector and the huge saving projects to turn this situation it will take very long time with heavy moves for quite a while until we see a real decent platfrom to start again.Also moves up in the oil price is in fact not good for a recovering in the econmic situation.

I saw a doc. on tv last week about situations in the US and a man said that the middle class is most hurt and because the US has no social care system like we have here it's very hard for people if you have troubles to pay the debts.I saw Belgium people could by a villa including swimming pool + all luxury tools for a very small house here.Where will that end and how long will this go on??

So questions is where to put our money?Oil stocks ?? And which one the big or the small players?

IMO I still beleave CLL is not a bad deal even we can't say we have earned good money since 2 years.But my concern is we have no good view on the future.A lower oil at 100 would IMO be better for CLL then again an oil price at 140.MRC like someone said here will not contribute if oil price goes to 140 again.

So if the us $ due to the large saving plans which will cost a lot of the tax money will put a demper on his strenght again it's quite a difficult situation.As we see that gold jumps up again it was obvious oil would follow because of falling $.Very hard to determine what big investors will do near term.All that shorting stuff has a huge impact .Why they don't stop this even it's legal I don't know.

New Message
Please login to post a reply