Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Yes, 20,000 is very small potatoes, but if the bigger picture is a constriction on oilsands by a US President with a 4 year term (2008 to 2012), it could make for a decrease in demand and or prices of Canadian oilsands product. To counter that my thoughts are a greater pool of customers buying Canadian oilsands oil. The only way that will happen is through pipelines to tanker terminals.

I also agree with your thoughts on the cancellation of large products leaving room for Connacher product which will help. I guess taken together with Connachers small incremental increase with Algar together with trying to get approval for the next 2 to 3 expansions at one time from the Alberta Energy Board, together with smart management still leaves me long on CLL. I just do not like what I see can happen down south and the effect that it might have on the oilsand market longer term. Connacher will still grow but I think I will try more shorter term investment strategy in which part of my Connacher portfolio (40%) will be used to buy on the lows and sell on the highs. By the way this is not shorting the stock but trying to make a profit out of a crazy market which may get crazier after tomorrow.

Talk to me in 3 to 4 months to see if it works!a

New Message
Please login to post a reply