Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Think I recall reading somewhere that part of the longer approval cycle may have been related to a change in the form of submittal that would, hopefully, allow a much faster approval turnaround on subsequent pods.

Yes could be right because the further "plants" are in fact linked at GD and Algar so maybe not so much work to allow the approval.

But in the meantime economic situation seems pretty rough .In Time magazines ,on the net and other financial papers etc.. the picture becomes more and more grim and nobody has a clear solution at the moment and if they come with it will take long time before we see any effect.Also while prices of oil ,houses ,comsumer goods cars are dropping it can have an effect on people to have a wait attitude because they think it will go down much more .If that should be the case we enter in a deflation situation which effect again the companies earnings.It's some kind of negative spiralling circle and that's why I believe the bear marketwe are in is far from over.We will have rallies too but then will go down again until we see bottoms made above each other .

So CLL was now for one day even below 1 $ but I think we will have a chance to pick up again below 1 $ in coming weeks.I think we wil see 40 $ oil and then recover.

I have a discussion with a friend of mine and in fact BIG oil companies are not bad to invest these days because they sitting on lots of cash .I wrote it before .If you look up to major oil companies Like Exxon ,Total ,Royal Dutch etc. all these companies are also down but only in range to 30 % to 40 % and they still gave a nice divd. and almost no risk for near future if we buy now.

In fact CLL is 2 years to late.If they had Algar running right now the picture would be much different and we wouldn't be so low as today.The debt hanging above is the most risk compared to cash income due to weakening oil price.

So let us hope that oil can go to around 60 next year and then it looks some better .

I'm curious what they gonna do on the automotive sector ?Will they take the risk to let them go bankrupt though they knew GM and Chrysler or a big risk to help them?

New Message
Please login to post a reply