Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Connacher will not buy back any shares. They will preserve every cent that they have as long as they can until the economic storm is over. You can count on it.

I fail to see how buying back shares would benefit long term stock holders in this current economic environment. As a long holder I am looking 5 years down the road. At that point looking back, this economic storm will have been a blip on the charts. If Connacher were to deplete its cash resources today to buy back shares, opportunists will immediately sell their shares and the new stock price will go down. Then the despicable shorts will take over and drive the share price lower and lower as we have seen over the last 5 years. They do it at every opportunity that they get. Also, if this economic storm persists for a lengthy period the share price will end up where it is today and Connacher will have no money on hand and will either have to look for partners or sell assets to pay off debt.

If Connacher were to start buying back shares today as I have stated opportunists will sell out immediately to the detriment of the longs. It is not in my interest or the other longs to buy back shares at this point in time. Today, your views as a shareholder of any stock is just as valid as the economists and analysts. They cannot foresee the length of the present economic storm or the end of it. Or even how to end it. They rely on voodo economics and their track records are poor. They say cut oil production and OPEC does and the price continues to go down. Your guess is as good as theirs. I support Connacher managements steady hand on the tiller during this perfect storm of unprecedented proportions. Connacher's very survival is at stake here and management will do nothing to risk this. This is my view on the matter. Live long and prosper.

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply