Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Good questions Bobert

Will oil rise above $65. a barrel and hold?

If I look around me and hear what's on the news recent days I have the feeling that people still driving (heard many times saying ,it's good fuel price is down) So far travelling still is ok and I heard now on the news that the first shopping days were a big succes.I was today again at the coast in Belgiums most famous coast town and I was again surprised just as yesterday about some stores which sold almost more then half and some more then 2/3 of their stocks so far.So where are people saving money I asked myself?Maybe mostly on buying a house or a car so far ,but they still like to spent time and money on going out and have some fun instead of staying home.Oil is down from 145 to 40 .Prices here for fuel and heating oil maybe reached their bottom but I read a few posting ago that in some of your area's fuels are up again.I'm curious about next stockpile figures for oil but due to decreased output from Opec at some point supply must meet demand.So I don't know what are the impressions so far in your area's but I almost asked myself the question "is the crisis so bad as they write in the media"?So to me I 'm betting oil could reach bottom and with Obama coming in office within 15 days oil price could get some little support.If people get only "the Impression" future could become brighter that also could stimulate the consumer.

Will Alberta/Canada help sagd companies weather this crisis?

Maybe that's something Lynn could answer for us because he's the closest to the government .A good sign for them could be that some CEO's just like the automakers did in the US make some calls.Can't be IMO that if things get worser do nothing.After all if companies get more in trouble they can forget about their taxes too.So being less greedy now could be good for longer terms when things are improving again.

Will the refinery make a healthy profit?

Well I'm hoping at first on that issue.If that should be the case that's a plus for our sp.

So for now for us in CLL.Maybe it's better to follow more closely what's going on in the oil market .Curious about tomorrows effect on oil since the Israeli's have entered the Gaza strip.

New Message
Please login to post a reply