Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: We have a Basher on our Agoracom Board - For Jurek, and all

The workers must be pretty upset, because most of the rest of us are happy just to be employed. -bbq

Think so too but on the other hand I'm working myself in the oil sector and this is here the best paid sector together with Electricty and power plants.So I'm not so surprised they will strike because they earn good money and compared to other sectors they feel a little stronger .However IMO it is not the time for a strike right now but if they will strike they must have good reasons for that I suppose.

But was has the Steelworkers Union to do with oil sector?Here we have a petroleum and a steel union on his own .

Not much action in oil price.I'm curious to see when we have an effect on the lower output in stockpiles.At some point we must see a slowing in stockpiles or a minor drop.Yesterday we had a snowy weather and in center of belgium was a traffic jam of around 450 km.Average time in jam around one and a half hours.You shouldn't think people driving less then earlier.So how come that stockpiles don't come down despite lower output.We have also a more severe winter time over here then usual too so heating demand must be greater then normal.Can't be so much differance between Europe and the US or Canada.

New Message
Please login to post a reply