Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: We have a Basher on our Agoracom Board - For Jurek, and all

Sharky - In terms of when is a good month to start building I'm not an engineer but I'm thinking that June of July is when they will start building Algar at the earliest. The last conference call stated that Connacher has the steel for the piles that have to be driven into the ground at Algar to stabolize ithe ground to support the structures, was sitting on site in December and that they were going to drive the piles in Jan/Feb 2009 because they can't let the steel lie around rusting. With the road already completed to Algar and the plant site and the two wellsite pads already prepared and the piles driven into the ground and the fuel pipline completed during this winter I would think that it will be OK to start building June/July 2009. They can't start drilling the 15 well pads until late December 2009/ January 2010 because they need the ground to be frozen solid to get the drilling rig in (unless they used the rig that was on site in December 2009 to already start drilling the 15 wellpairs at Algar but they haven't reported this so one must assume that they will not drill the well pairs until the winter 2009/2010).

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply