Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

I tend to go with Jureks assumption about CLL 's strategy.

It has proven many times now that this so called hedging system is not working well.

It's maybe not the best combination at all.If they hadn't purchased MRC they had not been so deeply in debt problems.

MRC is bought as a counter against falling oil price but seems not benefitting from that event .If they had more conventional space capacity then they could focus on that which is cheaper for exploartion cause pumping up bitumen is a costly item.

Is MRC now supporting the sp?Don't think so.

I also don't like the idea for a quick rebound in oil prices but either a slow move up.

How can an oil price of 140 $ benefitting economy which is now so in trouble.

I haven't much faith in stocks anymore not for holding long time.With recent crisisit shows that there were to many products in the world and now companies try to get rid of their stockpiles.Also to many goods were bought on credit which hasn't been repaid in total.

Steel and car makers sector is the evidence of that.So if oil climbs to fast it will kill the possible rebound .This is a recession which will take long time to overcome and most of us or 50 + so to make huge profits like before will not be the case.

Bank and insurance sector has played a poker game with people's money and lost the game .now governments all over the world need to help them out of trouble but at some point they will collect the money.I've heard them talking already about such things.Also people will have to work much longer .In the Netherlands they are talking about raising pension age up to 67 instead of 65 now.If this goes on young guys will have to work until they falling death.Maybe a pessimistic view of mine but I see not much brightness like it was before because before it was all based on fraud ,pumping up results and earnings ,and selling goods on credit to those who couldn't afford .

So if there comes a rebound it will not be the same because their will be more control an banking sector actions etc..

Now for CLL .I will stay in this stock but I have to say management has taken to much risk to get the credit for Algar.If they had more focussud on POD 1 first to get better rating and also upgrading the plant too for higher output instead of been so in a hurry to built Algar without not sufficaint money for that.JMHO.

We can survive but it will take again years to achieve some results on our sp and bring us in the green figures.Look also to othet companies like Total or Royal Dutch.Though oil has risen from 35 to around 53 the stock price of these companies hasn't risen to much too.

New Message
Please login to post a reply