Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Getting Behind Again with my posts

posted on Mar 27, 2009 03:12AM

I’m lagging behind again so I will give my opinion on a few posts.

Digger wrote

“At what point will CLL start up Algar again” and “CLL will start up Algar in about 3 - 6 months. By then the price of oil will be above $70/barrel”

It is apparent to me there is no intention by management to start again this year otherwise there would be a lot more cash allotted for capital expenditure. Also they will need to get some extra finance in place first. In saying this if the oil price should climb then maybe they will have a rethink.

Opinions please

Scott Wrote

“Why isn't Connacher's partner's name clearly stated in terms of full disclosure?“

Fully agree full disclosure is a must for me. We could start some conspiracy theories from this event. I will start with a question. Why did management put everything we own as collateral for the load except the shares we own in PDP?

Don

“there hasn't been a NEW REFINERY built on the planet in 20yrs”

I think you mean “in the US”

Armstrong

“does Iran and IRQ have refineries”

Yes but not enough there are plans in the pipeline for both countries.

Jurek

NG prices are in the lowest levels in years and the spread between LUKE netbacks and what we pay for POD1 NG is about $4 to $5.

I work for an LNG company which is suffering badly because of the depressed price for this product. Although only indirectly related to NG price there is a lot of capacity for LNG coming onstream from Qatar who are finishing off their huge projects right now. Doesn’t look good for gas prices overall.

Today I’m off to do some sand dune bashing and on Saturday I’m off to the races. It’s Dubai World Cup weekend with the richest races in the world up for grabs. 7 races total prize money $21 Million (US). Only one of those million would be enough for me, I’m not greedy

Look out for me on the telly I’ll be the one with the I Love Connacher tee shirt

Have a good weekend all

Den

New Message
Please login to post a reply